CELEBRITIES LOVE THE ISLANDS OF THE BAHAMAS
Islands offer the perfect getaway for A-listers
Johnny Depp, Beyonce and Jay-Z are just a few big names that frequent The Bahamas and for good reason. Whether celebs are looking to take a private family vacation, a romantic getaway or experience a fun filled adventure, The Bahamas has it all. The best part? The everyday traveler can follow in their favorite actor or musician’s footsteps in the sand and enjoy the same VIP vacation location, visiting celebrity hot spots from the notorious Atlantis to laid back local restaurants.
So where do Beyonce and Jay Z go to get away from it all? In addition to being repeat guests at the One & Only Ocean Club, they celebrated their third wedding anniversary in Hope Town, Abaco where they enjoyed the Sunday night pig roast at Nipper’s on Guana Cay.
Both the Atlantis and One & Only Ocean Club on Nassau/Paradise Island are celebrity hot-spots and have welcomed couples including Josh and Fergie Duhamel, Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin, Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo and Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough. The resort also appeals to the younger crowd with everyone from the Jonas Brothers to Lindsay Lohan to Justin Bieber to LeBron James and Miley Cyrus enjoying down time at the pool.
Other popular celeb stops on Nassau/Paradise Island are Graycliff, boasting the third largest privately owned wine cellar in the world (a favorite of Nicolas Cage) and High Seas Adventure, which has taken Chelsea Handler and Janet Jackson on excursions to feed iguanas, swim with stingrays and snorkel.
Harbour Island has been repeatedly selected by celebrities looking for a romantic getaway. Everyone from Jennifer Aniston to Cameron Diaz to Julia Roberts and Drew Barrymore have vacationed with their significant others at the Pink Sands Resort. Celebs also enjoy The Landing, designed and inspired by model India Hicks and Rock House, owned and designed by the late Wallace Tutt III who worked on commissions for the home of Cher and Gianni Versace.
The Bahamas is also a popular choice among celebrities for a second home. Without the hassle of paparazzi, these notorious residents can enjoy peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the cities they spend much of their time in.
Eleuthera & Harbour Island are full of glamorous residents including Bill Gates, Diane Von Furstenburg, Elle MacPherson, Mariah Carey, Patti LaBelle and Lenny Kravitz, who has family ties in The Bahamas and will sometimes put on an impromptu performance at local haunt Elvinas. Most A-listers are drawn to Harbour Island’s spectacular three-mile Pink Sands Beach, charming New England style, delicious restaurants, nightlife and casual vibe.
Many celebrities, including the below, also own their own island in The Bahamas. And why not? There are 700 of them.
- Nicolas Cage
- Sean Connery
- David Copperfield
- Johnny Depp
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
- Eddie Murphy
- John Travolta and Kelly Preston
- Oprah Winfrey
- Tyler Perry Star Studded Weddings With ideal weather year round, breathtaking beaches, lavish hotels and amenities, not to mention privacy, this tropical paradise has long been a favorite locale for celebrities to walk down the aisle in style. Though celebrities flock to The Bahamas for their nuptials, couples don’t have to be rich and famous to get married at their dream destination. The Bahamas can fit the needs of all themes and budgets and with endless hotel and resort options, restaurant choices and activities for the young and young at heart, this chic destination makes planning a wedding effortless. Celebrities who have said “I do” in The Bahamas include:
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon wed at a surprise ceremony on Eleuthera, which Mariah has declared one of her favorite places in the world. Their wedding party stayed at Pineapple Fields and dined at Tippy’s beach bar almost every night.
- Cindy Crawford married Rande Gerber in 1998 at the swanky One & Only Ocean Club
- Solange Knowles, younger sister of pop icon Beyonce, wed on Grand Bahama Island
- Jewel and Ty Murrary married at The Cove Atlantis
- Penelope Cruz exchanged vows with Javier Bardem at a private home in Nassau in 2010 The Islands Of The Bahamas have a place in the sun for everyone from Nassau and Paradise Island to Grand Bahama to The Abaco Islands, The Exuma Islands, Harbour Island, Long Island and others. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles with some of the world’s best scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. The destination offers an easily accessible tropical getaway and provides convenience for travelers with preclearance through U.S. customs and immigration, and the Bahamian dollar at par with the U.S. dollar. Do everything or do nothing, just remember It’s Better in The Bahamas. For more information on travel packages, activities and accommodations, call 1-800-Bahamas or visit www.Bahamas.com. Look for VisittheBahamas on the web on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. To purchase one-of-a-kind items from The Bahamas, visit www.eshopbahamas.com.
(212) 445-8303 email@example.com
Anita Johnson-Patty Bahamas Ministry of Tourism (954) 236-9292 firstname.lastname@example.org